Inspired to share a few essential tips for healthy hiking to support you in having an enjoyable and healthy experience!
Here are a few Essential TIPS for a Healthy Hiking experience!
- – Prepare ahead (tonight) – fanny pack, light backpack, layout clothes
– HYDRATE today and be sure to bring your BPA FREE water bottle ready to go filled with purified water with you tomorrow!
– It will be HOT!
o Wear light clothing!
o Hiking boots or good support walking shoes
– Sunscreen or long sleeves *breathable dri-fit* if you burn & need to protect your skin!
– Eat a light breakfast, nourish your body with good nutrition – i.e. banana, oats, whole grain toast with almond butter
– Pack a snack, trail mix or fruit
Insider tips: If you haven’t hiked Monserate before…It is quite an incline, listen to your body and take breaks as needed up the mountain. It’s OK if you need to turn around before you reach the top…
It will be hot, be sure to hydrate from now through the morning and bring your water with you.
It is very rocky (rough/rocky terrain) along the way for many stretches – a walking stick may help provide support.
I would love to hear from you…please share your comments with me here on my blog or my FB page!
Love and Healthy Blessings,
Clinical Nutritionist, Healthy Lifestyle Coach
By the way, while you’re here, I invite you to receive my e-newsletter full of nourishing tips, essentials, recipes, and inspiration for living a healthy life through simple real nutrition! Join here – simply click on my photo! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>