Simple Healthy Game Day Chili
This hearty recipe works stove top or crock pot! Lately I’ve been using my Crockpot & it’s super delish!
1 TBSP EVO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 large finely diced onion
3 garlic cloves minced
2 celery stalks finely diced
2 red diced bell peppers
2 TBSP dried oregano
1 TBSP Himalayan sea salt or sea salt (or to taste)
2 shakes paprika
2 shakes chili powder (3 shakes for extra spice)
2 shakes cayenne pepper (3 shakes for extra spice)
1 28-ounce can organic diced tomatoes
15 ounce (1) can of each of the following: pinto beans, kidney beans, black beans, garbanzo beans
Optional: 1 can organic whole kernel corn drained, Avocado – sliced avocado over the top once served with finely diced green onions! Yumm~!
- Heat olive oil in large pot over low/med heat
- Sauté onions, celery, bell peppers, garlic – just a quick sauté to soften and bring out flavors
- Add tomatoes, beans, and seasoning & bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to low simmer for 45 minutes
- Stir in corn, and it’s ready! Serve with a nice salad!
Follow Steps 1 & 2 then depending on time, put on low for a couple of hours then turn up to high for 2-3 hours before serving…If time is limited, start on high for at least 2 hours – 3+ hours better! Add corn in one hour before serving.
TIP: If you have the time to use the Crockpot, start early in AM on Low…then 2 hours before serving hit it on High…and it will come out perfectly! Enjoy~!